Wednesday, October 1, 2008

THE JEWISH NEW YEAR


October 1, 2008

In celebration of the Jewish New Year, I made a delicious Challuh (silent C). I had numerous recipes and they all looked delicious but I used the one that called for ingredients that I already had (poppy seeds or sesame seed optional). Lots of raising time but fit in my schedule.

The recipe is from Julia Child's Baking Book and is very easy to make. I did the egg wash on the top which is a first for me because I am sooo afraid of eggs.

Anyway, my new knitting project is the scarf by the Baking with Julia book.



MERCI SCARF

Use Fine Merino yarn, enough for the size you need or want

I used US size 8 needles over 35 stitches

Row 1: *k3,p1*, rep betwn * * to last 3 sts, k3
Row 2: k1, p1, *k3,p1* rep betw * * to last st, kl


Happy Jewish New Year!

No comments: